Jun 30 2015
See full details here: Pork Producer Recruitment Call.
Jun 30 2015
DEADLINE EXTENDED until JULY 15th for the Ontario Tourism Awards of Excellence. Nominate an Organization, Business or Individual today!
The Ontario Tourism Awards of Excellence celebrate industry success and recognize those who have made significant contributions to tourism in Ontario. Jointly presented by the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario, the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation, and the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance, the awards are divided into three respective categories: the Tourism Industry Awards of Excellence, the Tourism Marketing and Travel Media Awards of Excellence, and the Culinary Tourism Awards of Excellence.
Culinary award categories include:
- Ontario Culinary Tourism Leadership Award
- Ontario Culinary Tourism Experience Award
- Ontario Culinary Tourism Event of the Year
The Ontario Tourism Awards of Excellence are presented at the 11th Annual Ontario Tourism Summit, held at the Westin Prince Toronto, November 9-10. Details Available At: www.ontariotourismsummit.com/tourismsummitnominations
Jun 30 2015
Learn the principles and hear ‘how to’ success stories from experts and farmers, Dr. Christine Jones, Lucas Criswell, Gerard Troisi, Sarah Troisi, Jeff Rasawehr, Tim Prior and Ruth Knight. Topics include:
- regenerating soil fertility and improving productivity
- integrating cover crops into no-till systems
- selecting cover crops for different responses
- seeding into green cover crop residue & pasture
- terminate cover crops
- grazing equipment essentials
- new soil testing techniques and what they tell you about biology
Dr. Christine Jones is an internationally renowned groundcover and soils ecologist working with landholders to implement regenerative practices to restore soil health and improve farm profit.
Visit www.soilregenerationfarming.ca or call Ruth Knight at 519-392-7036 if you would like additional information.
Jun 29 2015
Larry Miller and Wife Darlene Miller will honour their 40th Wedding Anniversary with the creation of a new Student Bursary Fund for Agricultural Studies. The bursary will be available in perpetuity to students in Grey and Bruce Counties who pursue post-secondary university, college or apprenticeship studies in Agriculture or Agri-Food.
Jun 25 2015
The FDA Food Label Requirements in a Nutshell is a helpful resource for both consumers and food producers (including home business owners).
Download it for free here: www.foodpackaginglabels.net/food-labeling-requirements
Jun 24 2015
OPPORTUNITY in Clarksburg, Ontario for a FOOD ENTREPRENEUR
The Marsh Street Centre is located in Clarksburg Ontario. They are looking for a caterer and commercial food entrepreneur willing to provide meals for eat-in and takeout customers on a regular basis and to do some larger scale catering when required. This would be a great opportunity for someone starting out and in need of a well-equipped kitchen in a central location.
There is an auditorium with stage with state of the art sound system, theatre lighting and bar. There are 2 boardrooms, a smaller hall, a patio and a commercial kitchen. All of these facilities are available to rent.
The Marsh Street Centre has immediate requirements for someone to prepare lunches and dinners on weekends during the summer. They are interested in finding people that would like a commercial kitchen to prepare food for markets etc.
If you are interested please e-mail the Centre at email@example.com or call 519-599-7837 and speak to the coordinator, Laura.
Jun 23 2015
What’s New for GF2? This year we’ve made it easier for clients to put together a good project application by making the following changes to the program:
- Priorities are clearly identified in the program guides
- All projects will be assessed on merit
- Cost-share funding will be capped depending on the project category
- Some project categories have prerequisites as a required condition before clients can apply
- Approval of your project is needed before costs can be incurred and paid
New Dates for GF2 GF2 cost-share funding assistance application intakes for producers and processors are:
- August 10 to August 27, 2015
- November 16 to December 3, 2015
Full program information is here: www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/about/growingforward/gf2-index.htm
Jun 22 2015
- Experienced kitchen staff with 2 years experience (wood oven experience is an asset)
- 2 Dish washer/prep cooks (experience is a bonus)
- Experienced servers with wine knowledge
Bruce is a busy 50 seat 2 level restaurant
- Bruce focus on hand made product and quality local as well as international ingredients
- Bruce is proud to FeastON Certified and a member of Ocean Wise
- We offer competitive wages, benefit options and tip out
If you think you would be a good fit in our team please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jun 22 2015
As we approach Ontario’s busy summer festival season, this webinar will offer a primer on how to conduct the sale and service of alcohol at your event in a safe, responsible manner.
A panel from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, the Ontario Provincial Police and Smart Serve Ontario will address a number of key issues, including:
• navigating the Special Occasion Permit process
• understanding your obligations on event day
• responsible server training
Webinar date: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Who should participate: Organizers of festivals and other large public events in Ontario; municipal officials whose mandates relate to festivals/large public events; local police services; local public health officials; alcohol manufacturers.
To access and register for the Webinar Information Session on Alcohol Service at Festivals and Large Public Events, please click here.
Speakers will include:
• Rebecca Castillo, Manager, Eligibility, Liquor, AGCO
• Staff Sgt. Edward Chong, Investigations and Enforcement Bureau, AGCO
• Leslie Smith, Executive Director, Smart Serve Ontario
For more information, email email@example.com
Jun 18 2015
FAMILY FIELD DAY AT VENTRY HILL FARM
We invite you and your family for a day of sharing experiences and knowledge on our organic dairy farm with leaders in their fields. The morning will consist of a pasture walk and dairy tour .The afternoon will be a crop tour and market garden chat. The kids can enjoy the chickens and dogs.
July 29, 2015 10-3pm $10.00/person Lunch will be around 12:30.
PLEASE RSVP BY JULY 25TH
146397 Southgate 14,RR2 Dundalk N0C1B0
519-923-9777 | firstname.lastname@example.org