After the deep, deep freeze of winter 2014-2015, we expect people will be very excited to celebrate the first harbinger of spring: maple syrup time!
Festivals begin this weekend and run through mid-April.
- 13th Annual Maple Syrup Festival / Festival du Sirop d’erable, École Saint-Dominique Savio in Owen Sound – Saturday, March 7, 10am to 2pm
- Rotary Maple Magic, Oxenden, Georgian Bluffs (near Wiarton) – Two weekends, Saturdays and Sundays March 21 & 22; March 28 & 29, 9am to 1pm
- Maple Sugar Moon Festival at Grey Roots Museum and Archives, Rockford (south of Owen Sound) – Saturday, March 28, 11am – 4pm
- Walter’s Falls Maple Fest, Walter’s Falls and area – Sunday, March 29, 9am to 2:30pm
- Saugeen Bluffs Maple Syrup Festival, Saugeen Bluffs Conservation Area near Paisley – Saturday, March 28 & Sunday, March 29, 10am to 4pm
- 5th Annual Kemble Maple Syrup Farm Tour, various locations in Georgian Bluffs – Saturday, April 11, 9am to 4pm
- 20th Annual Holstein Maplefest, Love’s Sugar Bush near Holstein – Saturday, April 11 & Sunday, April 12, 9am to 3pm
Click through the links for additional details.
- Organic breakfast made with local products (crepes, eggs, ham, baked beans, blueberry sauce)
- Musicians – ARICO and Piyak Ootihi
- Horse-drawn wagon ride, Maple snow taffy, Snowshoeing, Vendors
- Activities from M’Wikwedong and the Metis Nation of Ontario, Ziisbaakdoke giizis – traditional Sugar Moon teachings
- Doors prizes (you must be present to win!)
Entry: 7$/adult, 5$/child or 20$/family
Location: Ecole Saint-Dominique-Savio, 800 23rd St. E., Owen Sound
See more about the Maple Syrup Festival 2015.
Georgian Dining Room International Dinner Series 2015
Come experience true international cuisine! Dinner service starts at 6:30pm.
- March 5th- Japan
- March 11th- South America
- March 18th- Thailand
- March 25th- Indonesia
- April 1st- Turtle Island
$45.00 (taxes included) For Reservations: 519-376-0840 ext.2007 or Michael.Desborough@georgiancollege.ca
Journey to Japan – Menu
Vegetarian and Non-alcoholic options available. Please Inquire.
- Hand-rolled Sushi with Chilled Sake - Marinated Sweet Potato Roll, Avocado and Cucumber Roll, Salmon Nigiri Sushi Served with Sake
- White Miso Soup - Traditional Japanese Soup, Broth with Tofu, Scallions and Miso Paste!
- Traditional Yakitori and Sukiyaki - Marinated Chicken Skewers And Stir-fried Beef, Served with Vegetable Tempura and a soba noodle salad
- Castella and Ice cream - Honey-Drizzled Sponge Cake with Green Tea Ice cream and poached cherry Compote
Are you a small-to medium-sized grower and/or packer of fruit and/or vegetables? Ensuring consumer safety is in everyone’s best interest. To maintain your products’ safety and a trusted business reputation, it is important to take steps to minimize or eliminate contamination risks.
To learn how to identify and manage potential food safety risks in your operation, plan to attend an upcoming Assessing and Managing Food Safety Risks in Produce Production and Packing workshop in your area.
This full-day workshop, held by OMAFRA, will provide essential information and effective tools to help growers and packers of fruits and vegetables identify and minimize food safety risks. Workshop dates and locations:
- Kemptville: Wednesday, February 25
- Colborne: Tuesday, March 3
- Aurora: Wednesday, March 11
- Elmira: Wednesday, March 25
- Waterford: Tuesday, March 31
The registration fee is $30, including GST. For more information on the workshops or to register, please call 1-877-424-1300.