Local food champions Karin van der Heyden and Paul Thomas of Owen Sound’s Marketside Cafe are celebrating 25 years of business with a party on Sunday, November 30th. Drop in between 12-4 to enjoy treats and to pick up a copy of the brand new Marketside book of stories, recipes and more!
See the Marketside event poster for more details.
NOTE: Friday’s lunch is sold out.
- Pea and Pernod Soup
- Popcorn Crusted Pickerel with Cranberry Salsa
- AAA Roasted Strip Loin Carvery with Au Jus
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Assorted Cold Salads
- Charcuterie Platter
- Cherry Almond Danish Braid
- Tea & Coffee
$10.00 taxes included
*A selection of beer and wine is also available at our cash bar* The Georgian Dining Room is a practical learning experience for the Culinary Management, Culinary Skills and Cook Apprenticeship students. The Culinary faculty, staff and students wish to thank you for your continued support.
Reservations: 519-376-0840 ext.2007 or Michael.Desborough@GeorgianCollege.ca
Only a handful of spots remain for the Owen Sound delivery of the Food Safety Regulatory Training course on Nov. 22-23.
Space is VERY limited at the special introductory rate of $60 per person. Register now to avoid disappointment!
Want more info?
- Find detailed information including several videos on the Georgian College Food Safety Regulatory Training course website.
- To stay connected follow https://twitter.com/FoodSafetyRegs.
- To follow this course and other food-related programs at Georgian College, join the Food Entrepreneurship Ontario Facebook group.
Three businesses based in Grey County and one in Bruce were granted the Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence at a ceremony in Lefroy on Friday, November 14th.
Award winners include:
See more information here: http://news.ontario.ca/omafra/en/2014/11/recognizing-agri-food-innovation-excellence-in-innisfil.html or read this release for more details: Backgrounder-agri-food-innovators-honoured-in-innisfil.